Update as of 9 November 2017
We take our customer’s privacy seriously and we will only collect, record, hold, store, disclose, transfer and use your personal information as outlined below.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, you may contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Personal Information
When you create a Aroma online store account, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Platform, the personal information we collect may include yours:
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
You must only submit to us, our authorised agent or the Platform, information which is accurate and complete and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes (more information below). We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information provided by you.
We will only be able to collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our Services. You may access and update your personal information submitted to us at any time as described below.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information we collect from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To process orders you submit through the Platform, whether the products are sold by Aroma online store or a third party seller. Payments that you make through the Platform for products, whether sold by Aroma online store or a third party seller, will be processed by our agent;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform, whether sold by Aroma online store or a third party seller. We may pass your personal information on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier), whether the product is sold through the Platform by Aroma online store or a third party seller;
- To update you on the delivery of the products, whether sold through the Platform by Aroma online store or a third party seller, and for customer support purposes;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account (if any) with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from the Platform; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and customise them for users; identify visitors on the Platform; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- When you register an account with Aroma online store or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Platform, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials about our or third party sellers’ products and services from time to time. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and from our related companies; and
- In exceptional circumstances Aroma online store may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.;
Aroma online store may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the abovementioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing your account and our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed necessary by Aroma online store . In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavor to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
Aroma online store does not engage into the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below. Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Aroma online store Platform. If you do not have an account with us, you can do so by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
We take steps to share the updates to your personal information with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal information if your personal information is still necessary for the above stated purposes.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to view the personal information we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by Aroma online store within the past year, please contact us at our e-mail address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
Security of Your Personal Information
Aroma online store ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent un-authorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
Aroma online store uses 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Aroma online store , please contact us at our e-mail address below
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your Aroma online store password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to Aroma online store . You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
Aroma online store does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 20 years old, you may use our website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit Aroma online store , our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Platform
- The pages within the Platform which you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Platform, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the Platform and the services and products we provide.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our Services and Platform more convenient and useful to you.
You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. For more information on how to do so, visit the help material of your browser or device.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Service and the Platform. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
No Spam, Spyware, or Virus
Spam, spyware or virus is not allowed on Platform. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we send communications to you as you prefer. You are not licensed or otherwise allowed to add other users (even a user who has purchased an item from you) to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via the Platform. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
Aroma online store 's Right
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT AROMA ONLINE STORE HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY, GOVERNMENTAL, TAX, LAW ENFORCEMENT OR OTHER AUTHORITIES OR THE RELEVANT RIGHT OWNERS, IF AROMA ONLINE STORE HAS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THAT DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NECESSARY FOR THE PURPOSE OF MEETING ANY OBLIGATIONS, REQUIREMENTS OR ARRANGEMENTS, WHETHER VOLUNTARY OR MANDATORY, AS A RESULT OF COOPERATING WITH AN ORDER, AN INVESTIGATION AND/OR A REQUEST OF ANY NATURE BY SUCH PARTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE NOT TO TAKE ANY ACTION AND/OR WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST AROMA ONLINE STORE FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.
Contacting Aroma online store
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, request access and/or correction of your personal information, have any queries, comments or concerns, or require any help on technical or cookie-related matters, please feel free to contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) at [email@example.com]
Privacy Notice To Aroma online store Payment Account Users
This notice applies to your access and use of the Aroma online store virtual payment account (" Aroma online store Payment Account"). This notice sets out how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your “personal data”, “personally identifiable information” or other personal information (collectively, "Personal Data") on behalf of Aroma online store . The Aroma online store Payment Account is operated by Alipay for Aroma online store .
Capitalized terms used in this Privacy Notice but not defined here shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Aroma online store Payment Account User Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). As set out in the Terms and Conditions, your Aroma online store Payment Account may be used to make payment for the purchase of goods and services through the Aroma online store Payment Account in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
From time to time, it is necessary for you to provide Alipay with Personal Data in connection with the opening or continuation of your Aroma online store Payment Account and the receipt of the services provided by Alipay under the Terms and Conditions. By agreeing to the terms of the Terms and Conditions and completing the registration as a user of the Aroma online store Payment Account, you will be deemed to have agreed to and been notified of the terms of this notice concerning the collection, use, storage, transfer and disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this notice.
If you do not supply such Personal Data to Alipay, it may result in us being unable to open or continue your Aroma online store Payment Account, to provide services under the Terms and Conditions or to comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
The word “including” shall not be limiting.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may obtain your Personal Data from various sources (e.g. from you or through third parties), including:
1. Information obtained (directly or indirectly) when you register as a user of the Aroma online store Payment Account, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and device information (collectively, "Registration Information").
2. Information obtained (directly or indirectly) during your use of the Aroma online store Payment Account, including your bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, billing address, transaction data, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and other information from cheque or money orders (collectively, "Account Information")
3. Registration Information, Account Information or other information may be accessed or collected (automatically or manually) during your registration as a user of the Aroma online store Payment Account and/or during the course of your use of the Aroma online store Payment Account.
The above information obtained by us may constitute your Personal Data. We have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information (whether or not such information constitutes Personal Data) from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services, to perform the functions set out in Part B of this notice, to protect your account, comply with our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, and to operate our business.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use the Personal Data that we obtain about you for the following purposes:
1. Verifying your identity, including during your registration as a user of the Aroma online store Payment Account.
2. Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Aroma online store Payment Account or to use any of the features and functions of the Aroma online store Payment Account.
3. Processing your registration as a user, allowing you to log-in using your Aroma online store log-in ID and maintaining and managing your registration.
4. Providing you with Aroma online store Payment Account and related customer services, including facilitating the settlement of purchase price for goods and services, shipping and related services for purchases, charge-backs, sending notices about your transactions, and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes.
5. Improving, and expanding our offerings by way of research and development of new functions of, your Aroma online store Payment Account or other new products and services that we may offer from time to time.
6. Performing research, statistical analysis or surveys, whether orally or in writing, in order to manage and protect our business including our information technology infrastructure, to measure the performance of Aroma online store Payment Account and other services we offer and to ensure your satisfaction with our services.
7. Analyzing trends, usages and other behaviors (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective user base access and use the Aroma online store Payment Account and the underlying commercial activities conducted, including for purposes of improving our services and responding to customer queries and preferences.
8. Managing risk, performing creditworthiness and solvency checks, or assessing, detecting, investigating, preventing and/or remediating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise protecting the integrity of our payment platform.
9. Detecting, investigating, preventing or remediating violations of the Terms and Conditions, any applicable internal policies, relevant industry standards, guidelines, laws or regulations.
10. Making such disclosures as may be required by any law or regulation of any country applicable to us or our affiliate, government official or other third party, including any card association or other payment network. Disclosures may also be made pursuant to any subpoena, court order, regulatory requests or other legal process or requirement in any country applicable to us or our affiliate.
11. Making any disclosure to prevent any harm or financial loss, to report any suspected illegal activity or to deal with any claim or potential claim brought against us or our affiliates.
12. Enabling any due diligence and other appraisals or evaluations for actual or proposed merger, acquisition, financing transactions or joint ventures.
13. Any other legitimate business purposes, such as protecting you and other users of Aroma online store Payment Account from losses, protecting lives, maintaining the security of our systems and products, and protecting any of our other rights and/or properties.
We may also use your Personal Data in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or for which you have subsequently consented.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data held by Alipay will be kept confidential but Alipay may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside your country of residence) for the purposes set out in B above:
1. Alipay’s wholly or partly owned group companies.
2. Aroma online store and other members of the Aroma online store Group.
3. Any agent, contractor or third party service provider that we work with in providing you with our services, including for fraud prevention, bill collection, data entry, database management, promotions, marketing, customer service, technology services, products and services alerts and payment extension services.
4. Entities with whom Alipay maintain business referral or other commercial arrangements, including third parties and entities belonging to the Aroma online store Group, Ant Financial Group and Alibaba Group.
5. Merchants and other organizations, such as card associations, payment networks or financial institutions, to whom or through which payments are made using the Aroma online store Payment Account, or such other entities to enable your use of the Aroma online store Payment Account.
6. Third party financial institutions, banks, collection agents and credit agencies.
7. Professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory authorities or any other organizations to which Alipay is under an obligation to make disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation or commercial arrangement, including arrangements with any card association or payment network.
8. Entities involved in any merger, acquisition, financing transaction or joint venture with us.
D. SECURITY MEASURES AND RETENTION
We take all reasonable steps, including technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect your Personal Data that we process from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We will retain and procure our service providers to retain your Personal Data only for so long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this notice and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer.
E. INTERNATIONAL DATA PROCESSING
Your Personal Data may be processed outside your country of residence (including outside Thailand), wherever Alipay, other members of the Ant Financial Group, Aroma online store and other members of the Aroma online store Group, Alibaba Group and other third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data under C above operate. The countries where your Personal Data may be processed may not have the same data protection laws as the laws of your country of residence (including Thailand).
F. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND WEBSITES
The Aroma online store Payment Account may provide links to other websites and services (including apps operated by third parties) for your convenience and information. These services and websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you to review before you use any of their services or conduct any activities on those websites. To the extent that any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their contents, their privacy practices and the quality of their services.
G. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Alipay reserves the exclusive right to change, amend or revise this notice from time to time.
H. FURTHER INFORMATION
If you wish to contact us, including if you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable law (such as exercising any right to opt-out of data processing), please do so by contacting the Data Protection Officer by the following means: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alipay may charge a reasonable fee for processing any of your requests if permitted by applicable law.